We are Baseline Christian Fellowship and we are a startup church. We share a worship space with another congregation, Central Seventh Day Adventist. We hold worship services on Sundays. We meet in person in downtown Salt Lake City, UT. We are currently a small congregation but we are looking for others to help us build up our church family to make a lasting difference in our community.
Jesus did not find and train 12 disciples in order to start a coffee club or build a physical church building. Christ identified and trained 12 people who would first model and then teach others to turn the world upside down and demonstrate the power of the church. Jesus described the power of the church in his prayer to God the Father before he was crucified: I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one – I in them and you in me – so that they may be brought to complete unity.” (John 19:22-23). Our goal is to promote and spread unity within our congregation and in the community at large.
Ultimately, we want to grow large enough to have our own church building where we can carry out local, regional and international ministry efforts. What we lack in numbers, we make up for in enthusiasm and love. We are a Biblically-based Christian Church which means among other things we believe:
• The Bible contains God’s word and promise to us past, present and future
• The Bible should be consulted for guidance and direction at all stages of life
• In one God (the Godhead) made up of three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. We acknowledge Jesus Christ as our savior, the one who reconnects God the Father to believers based on our faith in his death, burial and resurrection from the dead.
• Accurate Bible teaching, creating fellowship opportunities. connecting over a meal and personal and intercessory prayer are foundational pieces to connecting with others and showing God’s love and power.
• God is at work around us and he is inviting us to join him in that work.
• God has gifted and equipped each of us for the work God invites us to engage in.
• We have taken journeys to reach this point and our journeys will be helpful to those on similar journeys.
We have an immediate need for someone to help manage our audio visual ministry, if you know of anyone who wants to make a difference behind the scenes. We would love to talk to him/her/them.
Copyright © 2022 Baseline Christian Fellowship - All Rights Reserved.